Friday, July 2, 2010

Hoping for 4th of July Fireworks

This 4th of July is going to bring family gatherings, cookouts, time with friends, and my 3rd IUI.

I had my Day 10 ultrasound and bloodwork this morning. Once again, my left folly is a piece of work. It took her about 4 minutes just to find the darn thing but once she did there were only a few small follicles..nothing to get excited about. Then, when she ventured with her magic wand over to the right side...BINGO...there it was...a beautiful 27mm follicle. I was bummed there was only one because the doc said with the new meds he was hoping for 2 or 3. But, I am thankful for one because some people don't even get that one chance. We'll take it.

So....our IUI#3 is scheduled for this Sunday, July 4th! Independence Day baby! :) My husband jokingly said on the way home that if we happened to get pregnant this round and it was a girl we would have to name her Liberty! :) I just have to poke my stomach one more time tonight to give myself the HCG trigger.

Our IUI is scheduled for 11am. We have to be there at 7:15 though for the sperm collection and washing. That means we will be leaving the house at 6:00am on Sunday morning to get the 4th of July party started! I am just hoping I don't fall asleep when the doctor is performing the procedure!

Well, I won't post again until later on Sunday because we will be with friends and family tonight and all day tomorrow for 4th get-to-gethers. It will be nice to have distractions. My hopes are way up as they always are at this point in my cycles. Hoping for some fireworks on Sunday!

I hope everyone has a great weekend full of sunshine and relaxation! :)

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Great news! Can't wait to hear how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following it! I am a new follower of yours also. It looks like we are cycle buddies this month. You are a day ahead of my cycle. I had my day 10 appt this morning. Nothing measuring that big yet..3 promising ones on the right! We go back on Monday for our Day 12 appt!

    I wish you the best of luck with this iui cycle! Be sure to create some of your own fireworks tomorrow..it can only help the process =)Happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete