Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Goods Have Been Delivered

Sometimes I feel like I am in the movie Groundhog Day...do you ever feel like all of your cylces just blur together sometimes? I feel like I just posted something like this one a few weeks ago!

Just a quick update -
The IUI yesterday went very well. I was nervous going into it because we had been told by the office that it would be one of the clinical nurses performing the procedure. For some reason, I just felt uncomfortable with a complete stranger doing something very personal for us. To my surprise, the nurse that walked in was the nurse we have been working with at the new doctor's office every time we have appointments who does all of my ultrasounds and planning for us. We see her more than we do the actual doctors. Seeing her made me take a deep breath and relax. It was funny having a woman perform the procedure because she kept asking about my comfort level and if there was any pain, etc. I thanked her for caring so much and joked that the male doctors who have done this in the past just jam things up in my unmentionable areas and aren't concerned with comfort! We had a good laugh.

Some great things about this cycle - I had two promising follicles, my hubbies sperm count was double what it was last IUI, and my lining was double the thickness of last time. Let's just hope I ovulate!

Time will tell if this is THE cycle for us. Now the hard part is finding distractions for the next two weeks! :) I will try not to read to far into any "feelings" I have with my body!

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited!! Sounds like everything was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for this cycle! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really hope this is the cycle for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete