Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy January ICLW!

I am so excited to be doing ICLW this time around! One of the many things I am grateful for from starting this blog, is the connections I have built with people and now friends. The infertility support system is awesome...it amazes me how just people's words can comfort, heal, protect, show compassion, provide strength, and pick each other up on the worst days. So thanks to all of you who I have already connected with on a regular basis. I hope I do for you what you do for me! This ICLW I would love to connect with more people. I love learning through other people's experiences and sharing ideas regarding infertility or just life in general.

Infertility has done funny things to me - I never thought I would get used to so many people examining my female anatomy or get used to putting my feet in stirrups so regularly. I never thought I would be able to give myself a shot but now I can stick myself like a champ. I never thought I would have to have so many doctors and nurses involved in getting me pregnant - it is weird to have so many people invited into my husband and my bedroom. I never thought it would take us this long to get pregnant, but here we are - we are surviving and we will continue to hold our heads high. I guess these things just come with the territory - so now when a nurse or doctor asks me to drop my pants I already have them off before they even have a chance to ask! Let's do this people!

Feel free to check out our timeline on the lower left. Just a quick overview: My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for two and a half years now. 3 months of plain clomid, 5 IUI's, etc. and many disappointing months later - we are still not pregnant. I just had my first laparoscopy a week ago. My fabulous RE did find stage 2 endo behind my right ovary. Is that the magical answer to our infertility problems? No. But it will allow us to try to get pregnant naturally for a few months with a little more hope than usual. So join along on this crazy ride. Hope with me! :)

For some reason I know that my husband and I are meant to go through all of this (you may be thinking - "What, is she crazy?" :) We are stronger and more empathetic people. As a couple, I feel we are more deeply connected than I ever thought we would be. I just can't imagine how it will feel once we bring a new life into this world. For now, we will just keep on trying. We will keep on hoping that the next month will be it. Some days I feel like crap and want to hibernate (especially lately since it is winter and I live in Michigan!) Other days I feel motivated....motivated to tell our story, motivated to provide hope and strength for other people going through the same thing, motivated to prove to myself that even when I don't think I have an ouce of energy left to put into this, that I can dig deep down and find the strength to continue. It has not been a fun journey every step of the way but it has been a learning one. I guess I just can't wait to see how this turns out! :)

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! First, I just wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful comments you leave on my blog. You always have a comforting word, and it is more appreciated than you can know!

    I can't wait to stalk you the next couple cycles! I am so hopeful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW. I kinda know what you mean. Before I went through IF I was so scared of ob/gyn doc's and speculums. I still don't like speculum's but I can do it now, have done iui's, a sono, and been through many cycles with needles. It makes you stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so interesting about what you say about being meant to have this experience. I feel the same way. While I wish things were not this way, I am a better person and now have a better marriage b/c of it.
    wishing you well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being such a great support! I love this post, you're attitutude is amazing, just what I needed to read. Wow. What a way to start my day. :)
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about this community--it's such a wonderful source of support.

    And that's a really interesting perspective on how you are meant to go through this. I've never looked at it that way before...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy ICLW. I understand what you mean about being meant to go through this. My husband and I have always been apathetic about kids, but that attitude has changed as we've learned that they are not a given. I know we will one day appreciate having a family moreso than if we were not going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ICLW! I never thought I would talk about cervical mucus so freely with people. Cervical... mucus! :) You have such a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sara, Happy ICLW and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I agree about this amazing community. You ladies have been a true comfort in every sense.
    I'll look forward to reading more of your story, and thanks for the inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sara!Thanks for stopping by my blog, I too will be following your blog and hoping you see your BFP very soon.
    I also sometimes think that my husband and I were given this challenge because we can,and will get through it somehow, and it has definitely brought us closer than ever.
    As some of the other commenters have said-you have a great attitude and I look forward to follwing your journey,
    Bst of luck!
    Ants #133

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy ICLW! I can relate to a lot of what you said about how IF changes a person and brings you to places you never expected to be, doing things you never thought you'd do. I think you described the experience quite well, and even though the details of my story I different, I feel a lot the same about going through the process. :-)

    I hope that this new information from your lap will help you get pregnant soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I've been a lurker/follower of your blog for a while :)

    I gave your blog an award. Check out my blog for info!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sara I have given you an award-check it out on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited to follow your journey.

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy ICLW. I really like your explanation of how this has made your relationship with your husband stronger. That's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really wanted to stop by and thank you for you or commenting on my post re: fear. Your words are just what I needed to hear and it continues to amaze me how a complete stranger "just gets it" when those who are closest to us can't. I am trying so hard to be strong but some days I feel so weak. Anyway, I sincerely wanted to say thank you for your supportive and encouraging words. It really meant a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm late stopping by, but your blog is great! You've certainly been through a lot. Good luck to you and I'll certainly be stopping by to hear how things are going!

    ReplyDelete